RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Bug when adding category
Posted:  16 Oct 2016 10:01
Hello Roel,

I appear to have found a bug when adding a category to test the "No Events For School Holidays" and you select No overlap allowed .

Quote:

Default time slot (if no end time specified):    minutes (0: none)

For the default time slot setting setting, if you leave it at 0 you get the following error. Default time slot is missing

If the number 1 is put in or a start and end time then of course no error.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  18 Oct 2016 16:23
Hello Dan,

This actually is no bug. The idea was that if the admin selects "No overlap Allowed", he must also set a default time period. Why? Because not allowing overlap for an event which lasts 0 minutes doesn't make sense.
So when a user adds an event in this category the end time will be automatically set to "start time" + "default time period". The user however, can change the end time.
Now that I look at it again, I'm not sure if this requirement is very useful.
Roel
Posted:  19 Oct 2016 02:45
Hello Roel,

I left the default as 0 since I thought it meant it would be all day event since it says. Default time slot not Time period. The default time slot of 0 would midnight. If the calendar's day settings are from 06:00 to 20:00 then 0 wouldn't apply.

I agree, the requirement isn't very useful unless you want to have a default time period. Regarding booking for example; mechanic has 30 minutes for an oil change. If the category is oil change and the person picks 08:30 it has the end time as 09:00 so someone can't pick 8:45.

Perhaps have the same options/ selections as adding an event would help with the start and end time or select all day for a default value.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  19 Oct 2016 18:21
Hello Dan,

In the latest calendar version 4.5.0 the text Default time slot has been changed into Default time period. I think it was you some time ago who made me aware of this thump_up
I think I will remove the requirement to specify a default time period.
Roel
Posted:  20 Oct 2016 00:17
Hi Roel,

I thought I was running the most recent version. Silly me, according to the help file I'm only running 4.4.0. I had downloaded 4.5.0 but apparently never got around to upgrading. Perhaps add the version number in the footer beside the Powered by LuxSoft.

Now that I am looking at adding a category in 4.5.0 I can see...

Quote:

Default time period (if no end time specified):  0-720 minutes (0: none)

Time period is correct by being a period of time like 15 or 90 minutes as in your example.

For booking you might want to keep a default time period as a length of time and NOT remove it. If I'm booking a room it might be limited to a number of hours like your 720 minutes (6 hours). If I'm booking an oil change it might be 30 minutes. You wouldn't want a person to enter more or less time than it would take to do an oil change such as 08:30 to 09:30. Since no overlap is allowed a person couldn't book an oil change for 09:00. If it set for the admin to approve they could of course change it.

Sorry if I made this confusing or more complicated.

Regards,
Dan