RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Images no showing in Hover
Posted:  12 Oct 2016 13:56   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Downloaded 4.5L last night and set up the calendar.  I uploaded an image, but it does not show in Mouse Hover, just a filename.   Image does not show in normal month view either.
Posted:  13 Oct 2016 11:26   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,

Are you sure you did the following:
- uploaded the image file (.jpg, .gif, .png) to the calendar's thumbnails folder
- added the image file name to the description field of the event (e.g. myimage.jpg)
- on the admin's Settings page, under Views, checked Show in Month view: images (one but last item)
?
In the standard LuxCal zip-file there is an image called september.jpg present in the thumbnails folder. Just to test, add 'september.jpg'  (without quotes) to the description field of one of your events and see if it works.
Regards, Roel
Posted:  13 Oct 2016 13:06
September.jpg was not added to description field.   thanks.

it was a little difficult for the extra step of adding to the Description field.
Posted:  14 Oct 2016 01:49
Hi Roel,

I may have brought this up before. In case I haven't I'll mention it here. Having the ability to add an image is a great feature.

Change the way this is done to enable registered users to add images and also make it simpler.

Quote:

- uploaded the image file (.jpg, .gif, .png) to the calendar's thumbnails folder

Registered user's likely wouldn't have ftp access so wouldn't be able upload a file.

Quote:

- added the image file name to the description field of the event (e.g. myimage.jpg)

Not intuitive for a user compared to other scripts / sites etc.

Change it to simply "Add Image" button similar to the "Attach File". When clicked user can upload a pic from their computer or enter a url to an image on the web. No need for them to enter a file name in description.

Quote:

- on the admin's Settings page, under Views, checked Show in Month view: images (one but last item)

Remove this from admin's settings. If there is an image that has been assigned to the event it is displayed in month view, if not then of course not displayed.

On a separate note. For categories a colour can be assigned; it might be nice to have a small icon image for a category.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html