RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Allowing everybody to create an event on the Public View not working
Posted:  30 Jul 2016 22:58   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi, great calendar but I'm unable to get one function to work. I configured the user group 'No access' to 'Post/Edit all events' but there is no Add button showing up on the Public View page. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Using LuxCal 4.4

Thanks!
Posted:  31 Jul 2016 12:08   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,

I tried to reproduce the problem you described in our LuxCal 4.4. test calendar, but I could not. All worked fine, the Add button was present.
There are various ways to add new events, for instance to click on the upper part of a day cell in Month view. Could you tell me if this is working in your calendar?
And are you sure that the Public User (not logged-in user) has been assigned to the User Group 'No Access'?

Side-note:
Although what you've done should work, it is not the right way to configure users. If you want to give Post all rights to the Public User, you should go to the Users page and assign the Public User to the group Post all (or Post own), rather than changing the rights of the group 'No access' to 'Post all'.

If you want, I can have a look at your calendar configuration, but then you will have to create a temporary user profile with admin right for me and send me the URL, un and pw.
Roel
Posted:  31 Jul 2016 14:14   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi, thanks for your feedback. The side-note did actually fix the problem. I reverted back the settings for the no access group to default and assigned post all access to the Public User. I think I missed looking into the user area and therefore I didn't see that there's a public user confgured.

Thanks for your help again!