RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Mini Calendar styling?
Posted:  30 May 2016 21:03
I have the mini calendar embedded however it does not look as pretty as you example on you main page.
What's the code for drop shadow and rounded corners.

http://www.lilrooster.ca/about.html

and also, why is the bottom of the calendar trimmed?

Thanks
Great Calendar
Posted:  01 Jun 2016 09:28   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,

The styles sheet of the mini calendar can only style what's inside the iframe, not the iframe itself. The iframe itself is styled in your about.html page.
So you should add the styling of the iframe to your cssmenu/styles2.css file.
You've given the mini-calendar iframe the id="lcmini", so now add to cssmenu/styles2.css something like . . .

Code:

#lcmini {
width:210px;
height:233px;
overflow:hidden;
margin:30px;
border-style:solid;
border-width:1px;
border-color:grey;
border-radius:5px;
box-shadow:5px 5px 5px #888;
}
. . . and see what happens.

Roel
Posted:  02 Jun 2016 19:42
Thank you, Thank you,, & Thank You!

Worked after I figured it out. 

If I had just followed your instructions it would have been done in a flash!thump_up
Posted:  02 Jun 2016 20:38   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Great!
Next time Li'l Rooster is playing in Belgium, I expect a free ticked for the show wink
I lov' Rock 'n' Roll music.

I saw in the mini calendar on your about page that the hover box with event details contains so much details, that the box doesn't fit within the iframe. The disadvantage of iframes is that the content (like the hover box) is clipped by the iframe boundaries.
To avoid this problem, you should consider using the LuxCal stand-alone sidebar with upcoming events. This sidebar is put in <div>-tags and the hover box with event details (and if you want images) can be as big as you want and will not be clipped.
The sidebar looks different from the mini calendar, but if you like its lay-out, it has better styling possibilities.
Embedding the sidebar is really easy. If you want to give it a try, let me know and I will give you the code to add to your web page.

Here you can find a real-live example of the sidebar: sidebar example.

Roel
Posted:  03 Jun 2016 16:50   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Yes, I am intesested in the sidebar approach.  Thanks, again.

Yes, when we play Belgium!  I have not been north of France. Perhaps one day.

Bob
Posted:  04 Jun 2016 16:43   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Bob,

To replace the mini calendar by the sidebar calendar carry out the following steps:

1. In the <head> part of the file about.html add the following lines:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="events/css/css_sbar.php">
<script type="text/javascript" src="events/common/toolbox.js"></script>

2. In the body part of the file about.html replace the line iframe id="lcmini" src= . . . . </iframe> by the following lines of code:
<?php
$sbHeader = 'Upcoming Performances';
include './events/lcsbar.php';
?>

3. Rename the file about.html into about.php

Now the side bar should show up, but still needs some tailoring. So let's continue . . .

4. In the file events/css/css_sbar.php . . .
4.1 Edit the style "div.sidebar", starting on line 51, to meet your needs (in particular height and width, but maybe also position, float, margin and padding)
4.2 Edit lines 18 - 36 to further tailor the colors, fonts, etc. to match your house style.

Once the sidebar is working, you can remove the #lcmini { .... } style from the file cssmenu/styles2.css.

Roel
Posted:  05 Jun 2016 17:25
I am not having any success with this.  The side bar is not appearing.  about_1.php  and about.php

I am not that knowkedgeable in this to figure it out. 

Thanks for your insights.sad
Posted:  05 Jun 2016 18:28   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Sorry Bob, my fault.

I forgot the php tags "<?php" and "?>" (which I've now added to my previous post).

You are almost there!
In your about_1.php file replace . . .

<div style="text-align: center;">
include './events/lcsbar.php'<br>
</div>
<br>
<br>
<$sbHeader = 'Upcoming Performances';
include './events/lcsbar.php';></$sbHeader>
</div>

by . . .
<?php
include './events/lcsbar.php';
?>
</div>

Now there will be a sidebar.
Roel
Posted:  06 Jun 2016 00:31
Thanks Roel,

I did track down the answer to the problem and figure out the <?php  coding.

I now have a sidebar with no events.

There should be one event on the 19th.

I am sure you know why!

Bob
Posted:  06 Jun 2016 11:16   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Bob,

The sidebar is displayed, great!
I do see the Car Show Concert on the 19th; it looks fine.

Now you can edit the "div.sidebar" in the file events/css/css_sbar.php to place the side bar at to position you want and to change the height and width as required.

There are several parameters which can be set, like the $sbHeader, (just before the include './events/lcsbar.php'; statement) to define the content of the sidebar. Some examples:
$sbMaxNbr = xx;
$sbUpDays = yy;

Where xx = the maximum number of upcoming events to show and yy the number of days to look ahead for upcoming events.
It's all described in the installation_guide.html, section 6b.

I saw that the time format in your event description differs from the the time format used in the calendar. If you prefer AM and PM time formats in the calendar,
then log into the calendar as administrator, go to the Settings page and under Dates/Times change Time format to "h:mA".

Roel
Posted:  06 Jun 2016 12:31
Roel,
Thanks again,

All is working,

Bob
Posted:  06 Jun 2016 13:02
The only oddity is when first logging in there is often this error:

"not permitted (CSRF)
SESSION['token']: 89377654c01aa811f0cd190bce62bd98
POST['token']: 05e98ed221e1d2c4f61b3ea41d5b6fa0"

With a second try, it works....every time!
Posted:  08 Jun 2016 22:32   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Bob,
This error should only happen in case of Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF).
Nobody ever reported a problem with this security mechanism built into the calendar. I searched all LuxCal code to see if I could find the problem, but all seems ok.

When I access your about.php page or your events.html page I never get this CSRF error.
Do you get this error all the time? And when exactly do you get it? Only when loading the about.php page or also when loading the events.html page?
Roel
Posted:  17 Jun 2016 14:10
Hi Roel,
This was only when logging in to the Calendar as admin. 
I did not get the error this morning.  I just logged out and in again  with no problems.  A friend of mine also had an error the first time trying to log in.  I cannot say which error.
Posted:  24 Jun 2016 23:26
Thank you Roel B. for the explanation of styling the mini calendar. It worked like a charm thump_up