RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Showing Busy time for private event
Posted:  18 Apr 2016 18:37
Is there a way to have a private event show up as a busy/blocked out time for other users?  At the moment, a private event is so private, it implies that you are available during that time to others.

I love the calendar by the way!!!!!!  It is one of the most useful calendars I've seen.

thanks,
Posted:  18 Apr 2016 19:00   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,

Private events are events which are not visible to other calendar users. They can't be used to block out times or days.
On our To Do list there is (since a long time) an item "Implement a feature to block out dates on which no events can take place". From your post I get the feeling that you would like to go a step further and have the possibility to block out a certain time duration (so not the whole day) on a specific day. Am I correct?

If you are using the latest version of the LuxCal calendar, you can create event categories for which events cannot overlap. So when using such a category, if you would create an event, for instance from 8.00am to 11.00am with the name "blocked", no other users can create an event - in the same event category - between 8 and 11am.  But this is maybe not exactly what you are looking for.
Roel
Posted:  19 Apr 2016 00:08
thanks.
I understand the functionality you are planning.  What I was referring to was those times when you want to schedule a doctor appt with a category - personal and have that appear on other user's calendar as an appointment but with no details, perhaps a default title of BUSY so that no one could schedule an event at the same time.  It isn't a showstopper as we could also create a side by side event called BUSY and accomplish the same thing.  The original user would then have to live with two events for private things.  We could do that although not as elegant.

We are Microsoft Outlook users so used to having that functionality but Outlook doesn't allow the group sharing easily if you don't have Exchange.  It also doesn't do categories any where as nice as your calendar.  We really like what you have much better than Outlook.  That being said, we are having problems importing the Outlook calendar.  Both CSV and ICS formats aren't working.  We keep getting an error message at certain lines and nothing gets imported.  That has me puzzled.
Posted:  19 Apr 2016 01:09
There was another thread recently with import problems. It turned out the problem was The Description field has line breaks for formatting purposes. You might want to check your import file closely.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  19 Apr 2016 16:28
yes, that was the problem.  thanks.
Posted:  22 Apr 2016 13:27   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Rick and Dan,

I've enhanced the CSV file import function to cope with line-breaks in the description fields of the events. This improvement will be included in the next LuxCal release.
Should you want a pre-copy of this CSV file import enhancement, drop me an email and I will send it to you.
Roel
Posted:  22 Apr 2016 15:16
Hi Roel,

Thanks for the offer of the pre-copy. I don't currently need it. If the need arises before the next release I'll grab it from you.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html