RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / ability to embed "events" view only
Posted:  18 Jan 2016 17:21
Hello,

I am trying to embed the "upcoming events" to my website but was not able to - i looked in the installation guide and searched the forum but couldn't find anything. Is it possible?

I am trying to do something like this: http://www.bramming-billard.dk/turnering-oversigt.php

Thanks!
Posted:  18 Jan 2016 22:16   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,

On the bramming-billard site the upcoming events are embedded within <div>-tags, which is the most flexible solution.
How to do this is described in the installation_guide.html - Section 5b.
Short user guide:
- the LuxCal calendar should be installed in a subfolder of the web site where you want to embed the sidebar.
- add the following two lines to the <head> section of your web page:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mycalendarfolder/css/css_sbar.php">
<script type="text/javascript" src="mycalendarfolder/common/toolbox.js"></script>

where "mycalendarfolder" should be replaced by, yes you guessed it already, your calendar folder name.
- add the following line to the <body> section of your web page (at the most  logical location):

<?php
include './mycalendarfolder/lcsbar.php';
?>

Now you can edit the file "css/css_sbar.php" and . . .
tailor the style "sidebar" (line 51 - 60) to properly size and position your sidebar
and . . .
tailor the user interface styles in the header part of the file (lines 19 - 36) to match your "house style".

For all possibilities please read the installation_guide.html - Section 5b.

Should you have problems, send me the URL of the webpage and I will have a look.
Roel