RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / updated from version 3.1.2 to 3.2.3
Posted:  06 Jan 2016 22:58   Last Edited By: rikkp
The following issue happened to both LuxCal calendars I had set up.
After I updated to version 3.2.3 everything seemed fine until I clicked to go forward or backwards one month.
You can navigate the calendar without any issues using the options panel but if you click on the back/forward arrows at the top you get the following errors:

Manage Calendar Settings
You are not authorized to perform this action

Any tips/information that might help me solve this issue would be greatly appreciated!
Here is the URL to the LuxCal calendar in question on my website.
http://cranes101.com/newCalendar.php
Posted:  07 Jan 2016 21:53   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Rik,

When I open your calendar, all - including the back/forward arrows - works fine.
What probably happened is that your PHP session expired (normally PHP sessions have a lifespan of 24 minutes - unless your ISP has set a different value).
If for instance you are logged in as admin and go for a coffee and leave your computer unmanned with the calendar open for more than 24 minutes, the PHP session might expire. So the calendar still displays a page in "admin mode", but you were logged out. This situation is an incident and can cause the message "You are not authorized to perform this action". So I think the message had nothing to do with with the back/forward buttons.
If the problem you described persists, please let me know and I will further analyze what goes wrong.
Roel
Posted:  08 Jan 2016 18:23
Hi Roel,

Its the strangest thing. It only happens on 1 of my computers and only if I load the page in internet explorer.
It loads fine in internet explorer on my other machines.
I'm the Web Developer here at cranes101 and I'm also a php programmer and I have never experienced this type of issue before.
The only clue to what is going on is that the machine that I am getting the error on is the machine that I used to upgrade the LuxCal from 3.1.2 to 3.2.3 because I needed the 2 extra fields to use for 2 custom variables.
after clicking one of the navigation arrows the page loads and displays: Manage Calendar Settings "You are not authorized to perform this action, but when I click on the Calendar button top right, the page reloads and displays fine. Then when I click on one of the arrows the same issue happens. Its a strange browser issue cause like I said, if I use Google Crome it works fine.
Ah, Microsoft strikes again!
I deleted all browser data and refreshed everything.
Posted:  08 Jan 2016 20:47
I'm not surprised you're a Web Developer and PHP programmer. The cranes101 site looks really good!

Very strange.
You said that when the problem occurs, after pressing one of the back/forward buttons, the page displays: "Manage Calendar Settings" etc. Manage Calendar Settings is the title of the admin's Settings page, so apparently when selecting one of the back forward arrows, it wants to load the Settings page (which is very strange).
Does this happen all the time, or only when you visited the Settings page shortly before?

The fact that you upgraded from this machine should make no difference at all. The calendar is really independent of any client computer. It's also not depending on a certain directory; you can just copy the whole calendar to an new web accessible directory and it will work as before.

Roel
Posted:  08 Jan 2016 21:02
Yes, I agree that it has nothing to do with the fact that the only computer it happens on was the one I used to upgrade with.
I just tried logging in and then logging out again.
The issue went away. I guess we'll never know what caused it. Thanks for the input!