RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Known Issues and Fixes / iPhone & iPad users: Problem with iOS9 and mobile Safari
Posted:  01 Jan 2016 10:49   Last Edited By: Roel B.
If on your iPhone or iPad the calendar displays to large and you can't resize it, then this is due to an unresolved Apple issue with iOS9 and mobile Safari.
To overcome this problem, we've introduced the following patch:
In the "common/header.php" file around line number 418 you will fine the following lines of code . . .

//start of HTML header
echo "<!DOCTYPE html>

Just above these lines of code, insert the following lines of code . . .

if (preg_match('/(iPhone|iPad|iPod)/i',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) { //iOS - mobile safari bug fix
    echo '<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,user-scalable=yes">';
}

We know it's wrong to add an HTML meta tag before the DOCTYPE definition, but it works and so far it's the only way we found to solve the problem reliably.
This patch will be added to future LuxCal versions, until Apple has sorted out this problem.
Roel
Posted:  25 Oct 2016 12:47   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello, i have an Iphone 6 with Ios 10.0.2 using safari and my calendar is not working (sliding-scrolling) on my Iphone. Can anyone help me with this? I have put the calendar on my site: http://massageontspanningdeventer.nl/agenda.html
Using an iframe:
<iframe src="http://massageontspanningdeventer.nl/luxcal/index.php" width="900px" height="700" frameborder="1" scrolling="yes"></iframe>
The cell were the iframe-code is in, has the following options:
Hight=710, width=auto, scrollbars=yes, automatic hight=off. (I'm using WebsiteX5 pro 12).
I tried all option to make this work ... but i don't know anymore ...
Thank you for the reply.
Best regards,
Gerard van Heck
Posted:  31 Oct 2016 19:37
Hello Gerard,
Showing an application, like the LuxCal calendar in an iframe on a mobile device is not a very good idea. It is better to add a "View the calendar on your smart phone" link on your website, which links directly to the calendar. You can always tailor the user interface of the calendar to match the style of your web page.
Roel