RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / Comments and Suggestions / a .ics backup file for each category
Posted:  07 Nov 2015 19:06
In the base 422M install backups are generated with all events from all categories being dumped into one file together. Is there a code modification that anyone has done to expical.php to enable backup of events by category?  IE when a lcalcron.php is run expical.php creates a backup file for each category and appends the category name to the backup file name.

Thanks, Mark Saginaw Michigan
Posted:  09 Nov 2015 17:16   Last Edited By: Roel B.
If you are desperate, I can produce this change for you, but it will be a dedicated modification only for you. So for future releases of the calendar you will have to take care that the change doesn't get lost.
I've no time to do it this week, but next week would be ok.
Roel
Posted:  09 Nov 2015 21:35
Thanks a million.  I'll keep the code in a safe place. Post it here when you can, email it or both.

Mark Saginaw Michigan
Posted:  09 Nov 2015 22:08   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I found a spare moment and have sent you a modified expical.php file by email.
This file exports a .ics file per event category to the "files/" folder. As requested, the event category name is appended to the file name
It's a bit much to post here and the forum does funny things sometimes with PHP code (e.g. back slashes disappear).
Roel