RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / View problems with iOS9 Safari
Posted:  04 Oct 2015 21:14   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Thank you for the great work here.  Your calendar has been a life saver for my family!

Up until iOS 9, several different versions, including v3.2.3 have worked perfectly on iPhone/iPads.  Starting with iOS9's version of Safari, version 3.2.3 appears to have a display problem where the Month view is zoomed all the way in and cannot be zoomed out to see the entire month.    I can scroll around, but I cannot zoom out.  Attached is a screenshot.

I have other Calendars running (V2.7.3 and 2.7.0) that still work perfectly fine.  All the calendars run from the same Synology server that's using PHP 5.5.26.

What do you think?

[img]www.the-kruegers.net/IMG_8065.PNG[/img]
Posted:  07 Oct 2015 21:56
I'm having the same problem, and so is everybody else that uses the latest iOS for the iPhone.
Posted:  16 Oct 2015 16:10
Hi to all that read this for IOS 9. +

I had the same issue and its down to the view port of safari, I have tried an Iframe and it duplicates the header in ios9 so I tried this solution and it works fine:
Goto your calendar folder /common and edit the header before the php entry point to insert the following:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<?php
/*
= Header for the LuxCal calendar pages = etc...

hope this helps some of you out
Best regards
CJ
Posted:  17 Oct 2015 11:11   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Great!
But then I suggest to put this line at the right place in the HTML head section, which for LuxCal 4.2  is just after line 349 in the fille common/header.php, as follows:

Code:

<meta name="robots" content="nofollow">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<link rel="canonical" href="{$set['calendarUrl']}">

This works for both the MySQL and SQLite version.
We will add this line in the next LuxCal version.
Roel
Posted:  19 Oct 2015 19:23
It does make it fit in the screen, but it does not size the font on my end. Everything seems to be squished together. It's not the same as it used to be.
Posted:  20 Oct 2015 09:00
Thank you Roel, and the other folks that chimed in here.

I made Roel's suggested change starting at line 45 in canvas/headerm.php since I'm on 3.2.3 and I saw a difference.  The screen is all scrunched up like kdlklm says, but looks better when I rotate the phone sideways.  Sadly, the pinch to zoom function does not work and if I double tap on a day to zoom in, I cannot zoom back out, even if I rotate the phone.  If I refresh the page, it goes back to the scrunched up view.

I want to mention again that 2.7.3 and 2.7.0 are still working properly in iOS9, in case there are clues there.

I also want to mention that this site (luxosft.eu) does ~not~ work properly in iOS9, either.  sad  Apple has plenty of surprises left for us I guess.

ROEL:  Do you think 4.2 is required here or is 3.2.3 close enough in this regard?

Again, thank you for everyone's help here.
Posted:  20 Oct 2015 22:01
I've narrowed it down to removing the document type on line 343.

<!DOCTYPE html>

I also got rid of the viewport meta-tag. And it appears to be the same as before the Apple upgrade. I just haven't figured out which document type it needs to be yet.

Code:

echo "<html lang="".ISOCODE."">n";
echo <<<TXT
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>{$set['calendarTitle']}</title>
<meta name="robots" content="nofollow">
<link rel="canonical" href="{$set['calendarUrl']}">
<link rel="icon" href="lcal.png" type="image/png">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/css.php" type="text/css">
Posted:  21 Oct 2015 09:33   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hmm, looks like iOS 9 doesn't like HTML 5.
The <!DOCTYPE html> doc type is absolutely required; it tells the browsers that the site is served in HTML 5. And switching back to for instance XHTML is really no option.
LuxCal switched from XHTML to HTML 5 in version 2.7.0, so if, as peppers973 says, 2.7.3 and 2.7.0 are still working properly in iOS 9, then it should work with the <!DOCTYPE html> doc type as well.

Can someone tell me if the calendar displays properly in iOS 8?

I'm afraid for the time being we'll all have to load the Android OS on our iPhones wink
Roel
Posted:  21 Oct 2015 21:13
Hi Roel,

Yes, the 3.2.3 (and the 2.7.3 and 2.7.0) versions worked properly in all versions of iOS 8 and 7.

-Jon
Posted:  21 Oct 2015 23:33
One more data point:  I took a chance and updated to today's newly released iOS 9.1.  There were Safari updates and an app zoom fix.

The problem remains.

-Jon
Posted:  24 Oct 2015 15:55
HI, Bob here.  I am having the same problem with iOS9.  Additionally, after I inserted the suggest string, the calendar would not load in Windows and shows a blank page in iOS9.  I removed the line I entered and saved.  Still the page would not load on either device.  I restored the file from a backup and back to my original state.  Works in Windows, large on iOS9.  Did the same thing again being careful to make sure I made no other changes--same result.  Could not use the calendar until I restored the backup version again.

Any ideas why ANY edit of the files results in the calendar not working?

Thanks......Bob
Posted:  24 Oct 2015 16:31
Okay, got it working on my iPhone 6+ running iOS9.2.  I entered the code suggested by Peppers973 before <?php at the very top in index.php in the luxcal root directory.  Everything works normally now.

Bob