RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Swedish characters chaos
Posted:  05 Sep 2015 14:28
Hi!

When switching to swedish language, all characters Å, Ä and Ö in the user interface is displayed as hieroglyphs.
Also, when adding an event, any field containing an Å, Ä and Ö remains an empty field after saving the event.

What to do?

/Scunder
Posted:  05 Sep 2015 17:24
Hi Scunder,

When I switch to the Swedish language on our test sites, all displays fine and also when I user the characters Å, Ä and Ö in an event, they are displayed correctly at the moment of creation and after the event has been saved.
So in other words: I can't reproduce the problem you described.

What LuxCal version are you using? Maybe it's only chaos  in an older version?
Roel
Posted:  05 Sep 2015 18:29   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Thanks for replying!

I run LuxCal 3.2.3
PHP 5.5
Server connection collation: utf8_general_ci
LuxCal tables collation: latin1_swedish_ci

I run other applications connecting with the same database and settings, and they work ok.

The strange thing is that the event will be saved, but the field containing an å, ä or ö will not be saved in the database.

/Christer
Posted:  05 Sep 2015 22:57   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Christer,
Is this only happening with the Å, Ä and Ö characters which are part of an event, or also in the static user interface text? For instance when you click on Options, does under Visningstyp the word Ändringar display correctly?
If the problem exists in the static user interface text, then it has nothing to do with the server or database collation.
What about the special lowercase characters ( e.g. Månad ), are they displayed correctly in the user interface?
Roel
Posted:  06 Sep 2015 17:38
Hi Roel,
Yes it is the same with static UI text, or should I say WAS, because problem is solved!

I simply changed a file on the server called .htaccess, replacing
  AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
with
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

But next problem is that the events viewed in week or day mode only shows as white fields without text. Hovering over it displays nothing either. (Hovering in month or year mode works with hovering though).
/Christer :)