RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Month view
Posted:  24 Jul 2015 03:12
Hi
How can I make the month view and arrows larger on my calendar?
Thanks
WF
2691 Richter ste133
Irvine CA 92604
www.musishare.net
tel: 1 (877) 738-4424
admin@musishare.net
Posted:  25 Jul 2015 21:37   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,

In the file css/lctheme.php you can tailor the user interface styles, including the font sizes. If however, the fonts become to large, they may not fit anymore in the available space. I had a look at your calendar and saw that this is the case for the text "July 2015" above the calendar area.
To solve this, you will need to change the (absolute) position of the calendar area and move it down a bit.
Let me know if this is what you are looking for. If so, I will do some testing and tell you what style(s) to change.
The arrows are images. In the new version of LuxCal the images have been replaced by unicode "arrow" characters, which will resize with the other text. You can see the unicode arrow characters in the demo calendar on this site.

Roel
Posted:  25 Jul 2015 23:51
Hi and thank you!
Yes, I would like to make the text larger and so would need to have the space larger as well... so having the (absolute) position of the calendar moved down would seem the answer.
Thanks for helping me understand how this can be accomplished!
Sincerely
Bill
2691 Richter ste133
Irvine CA 92604
www.musishare.net
tel: 1 (877) 738-4424
admin@musishare.net
Posted:  26 Jul 2015 11:06   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Moving the calendar area down can be done as follows:
Edit the file css/css.php and go to the styles div.scrollBoxMo and div.scrollBoxHead. For both styles add a number of pixels (e.g. 10) to the "top". You should add the same number of pixels for each style. For instance for div.scrollBoxMo change top from 35px to 45px and for div.scrollBoxHead change top from 19px to 29px.
Now the calendar area will move down 10 pixels which gives you more room for a larger font-size in the header.
Roel
Posted:  17 Aug 2015 07:39
Another question from a newbie:

In the default month view, the first displayed row seems to be the one containing the current date. I'd prefer to have the first row be the one containing the first day of the month, like most monthly calendars. I couldn't find this in the settings; maybe I missed it. Can you help?

TIA,
Mikey
Posted:  17 Aug 2015 09:45   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Goedemorgen Mikey,

Wrong! The first row is the last week, so that you can still see that last Wednesday you should have bought flowers for your partner's birthday.
Month view comes in three flavors:
1. starting with  last week and showing the number of weeks specified in the Settings (this is the default)
2. showing exactly one (the current) month with events in the leading and trailing days of the previous and next month
3. showing exactly one (the current) month with blank leading and trailing days of the previous and next month

The choice is made on the admin's Settings page under "Views" - "Weeks to show in Month view". Hover over the title "Weeks to show in Month view" and you will get the explanation.
Roel
Posted:  17 Aug 2015 21:14
Aha! Thank you -- works fine.

Mikey