RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / LuxCal / What's New / Aligning LuxCal MySQL and LuxCal SQLite
Posted:  16 May 2015 23:22
We are currently upgrading the LuxCal MySQL version. This new version will be based on the more advanced LuxCal SQLite version and will for example include User Groups and many small improvements and bug fixes. We hope to release this important upgraded LuxCal MySQL version in the course of June 2015.
In the future both LuxCal MySQL and LuxCal SQLite versions will have the same functionality. The majority of the software scripts will be identical for both versions and in the future we will try to link the release dates for both versions.

Actually the new MySQL calendar version is already working since several months. We however lost quite some time on the upgrade script and the LuxCal tools script. Both scripts must reliably upgrade / import the database of previous LuxCal versions. At the same time measures have been taken to facilitate the efficient parallel future developments of both LuxCal MySQL and LuxCal SQLite.
Roel
Posted:  14 Jun 2015 10:47   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Roel,

I'm delighted to know you are maintaining the MySQL version since I was concerned about upgrading causing a problem with the SQLite version.
How close are we getting to this being released?
I only ask because the one main site I have running LuxCal is for a hockey league and their schedule is like October to April so I was just wondering if the upgrade script might be completed by then?

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  16 Jul 2015 23:19   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Dan,

We're getting very close; but the problem is we're getting very close since several month already wink
I have a working working new MySQL version since several months, but I still have to work on the update script.

Roel
Posted:  16 Sep 2015 21:51   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Dan,
Thanks for being so patient. The last two months I've improved a few minor things in the new version of the calendar, but unfortunately I could not find much time to finalize the upgrade script.
I will do my utmost to have a new MySQL calendar release, with the same functionality as the SQLite version, ready by the end of September.
Regards,
Roel
Posted:  03 Oct 2015 21:05   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Dan,

I've completed the upgrade script and it seems to work fine now.
Before releasing the new LuxCal version 4.2.2M (M= MySQL) I need to thoroughly test the upgrade script with all previous LuxCal versions and check/update the documentation.
My target date is Tuesday 6 October. I hope you can wait for a few more days.

Roel
Posted:  04 Oct 2015 11:08
Hi Roel,

Not a problem at all with the timeframe of the release. I'm busy working on another project currently for the next couple of days. Next weekend, which is our Thanksgiving, I'm going on a three day motorcycle trip with a couple of buddies. When it is ready I'll upgrade the main site running LuxCal.

Regards,
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html