RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / it is possible to admins can post to another calendar?
Posted:  10 Mar 2015 04:12   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi guys, is there a possible way to put an checkbox to the event form to make an option of sharing the events on the other calendar?
need some help here
thank you in advance.
Posted:  13 Mar 2015 02:17
Hello,

I could be wrong but I don't think so. Unless public users are able to post to the calendar, a person would have to be logged into two calendars at the same time.

I'm not a programmer but I would think if it would possible it would take a fair amount of coding to accomplish the task.

With any feature, one of the considerations is how often would the feature be used. In case I'm missing the usefulness of this feature, can you give an example of when and how this feature would be used?

Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  13 Mar 2015 19:28   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Dan is right.
It's currently not possible and it would indeed take a fair amount of coding to make this possible. At the moment only one calendar is open at a time. Just one checkbox would not be enough, you could for instance have 6 calendars an you would like to share the event with calendars 3 and 5 only. And each calendar has its own access rights; so how would you like to deal with this?
To solve/implement all this in a generic way would not be so easy.
Roel