RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / 4.1.0 - SQLite database path does not work
Posted:  29 Oct 2014 19:47
Hello,

I am attempting to install a new 4.1.0 calendar and I am getting the following error message when testing the initial set up. (I have replaced my website name with 'xyz')

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/ny/xyz.org/nysharecal/install410.php on line 330

Tests failed:
Creating directory 'home/ny/xyz.org/nysharecal_database/'
Check permissions on your server
Writing to the database folder 'home/ny/xyz.org/nysharecal_database/'
Check folder and file permissions on your server

I am using the following for my protected database path (where xyz is my website name)
/home/ny/xyz.org/nysharecal_database/

The first slash in this path disappears after clicking the [Test] button. Thus changing to:
home/ny/xyz.org/nysharecal_database/

I contacted my web provider's tech support and they verified I have the correct path and permissions. They say the first slash is required so I am wondering if it is being removed accidentally by the script.

I proved I can create the 'nysharecal-database' folder using an FTP client but that does not help when setting up the calendar.

I also tested that I can set up the calendar if I use the default 'db/' path.

Any ideas what I need to do differently?

Thanks
Posted:  30 Oct 2014 23:59   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,

The problem is (probably) that the calendar expects a database path, which is relative to the calendar directory (that's why the first slash is removed), while you are specifying an absolute path.
I suggest to try the following relative db path: ../nysharecal_database/
So: one level up (..) and then the db folder.

If this doesn't work, it's easier to create the database in a subdirectory of your calendar (e.g. nysharecal/db) and specify as db path the relative path "db/". This should work.
Thereafter you can experiment with different db locations. You can copy the db file to a different location and change the db path in the "lcconfig.php" file accordingly and test if it works.

Roel