RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Search function category options
Posted:  08 May 2014 12:31
Hi,

Is there a way on the Search function to choose more than one category?

At the moment it's either all or just one category.

Thanks!
Posted:  09 May 2014 09:22
Hi there,

This is currently not possible, but a little bit of PHP programming can do wonders . . .
If you are familiar with PHP programming, let me know and I will give you a few hints.

Roel
Posted:  09 May 2014 12:26
Oh yes please! I'm actually modifying the source to suit my needs.

Some tips or samples to point me to the right direction would be great!
Posted:  09 May 2014 12:32
Another question, I have this categories which are accessible in public view but I want to hide it on the calendar view.

I tried making in private but I need it to be accessible when users (public) want to do search.

Any sugestion?
Posted:  09 May 2014 18:04
I have an idea, can I use a different kind of retrieve function wherein even if the category is not public, when a user (public) does (for example) a search, it will also be included on the search result?
Posted:  10 May 2014 17:41
Hi there,

You could edit the file 'common/retrieve.php' and on lines 112 and 128 remove and !$row['pri'] from the if-statement. Thereafter it will not (never) filter on 'private'.

Roel
Posted:  10 May 2014 17:55   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Choose more than one category on Search page:

In the file 'pages/search.php' on line 88 add 'multiple' to the select-tag. Now you can select multiple categories by holding down the 'Ctrl' key (See w3schools).

Now on line 30 you should grab the selected categories (as is done on lines 27 - 29 for $eF).

Thereafter on line 121 you should adapt the filter to include all selected categories.

Roel
Posted:  10 May 2014 22:55
Thanks Roel I will try those, thank you so much!!!
Posted:  12 May 2014 11:00
Hi Roel,

I tried removing the and !$row['pri'] on the lines you mentioned in retrieve.php but the categories (which are private) are still not showing on the search results for a public user.

Vito
Posted:  12 May 2014 11:26
Hi Roel,

Forget about the private category being accessible in public through search, we changed the behaviour of how we use it instead.

But thanks anyway, great support! smile