RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Bad characters in the sidebar
Posted:  11 Mar 2014 11:30
I just installed LuxCal 3.2.2. I am Czech and so I set the czech localization. Main calendar and also mini calendar are showing  correct characters, however the sidebar is showing correct characters only for the headings of the events. Events themseleves are impaired, there are strange symbols instead of those representing  specific characters for the czech localization (ě, š, č, ř, ž). I think this has something to with DB. I tried to overwrite these bad symbols with  correct characters in one of the events and yes, this worked, everything was correct in the sidebar, however there were bad symbols in the main calendar this time. Any idea, how this can be fixed?
Posted:  12 Mar 2014 00:04
Hi Stosin,

I tried to reproduce your error, but I couldn't. The Czech characters displayed correctly on our test sites.
Could you maybe send me more details and a screen shot (via the Contact Us page) please.

Roel
Posted:  22 Feb 2015 15:21   Last Edited By: Roel B.
I have the same problem. The sample is at http://calendar.svetmhd.net/index.php?lc&cP=6&cD=2015-02-22. Lowercase letters are OK, large displays wrong.
Posted:  28 Feb 2015 18:50   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi there,
I tried this out in our test calendars (both MySql and SQLite versions) and had no problem with uppercase letters.
I used "Šťastnou cestu", "Životu nebezpečno"  and "Čerstvě natřeno" in the event title field, the venue field and description field and had no problems.
Could you give me an example of capital letters which don't work in your calendar?
Roel