RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Log In Problems
Posted:  08 Jan 2014 17:39
After updating to 3.2 we are having some intermittent problems with logins. We are using a single sign on from our website. However sometimes when someone visits the calendar they get a blank calendar and when they try to log in it won't accept the credentials and says the password is invalid. Sometimes we can fix this by closing the browser and trying again, sometimes not. Resetting the password in luxcal worked for a couple of users but not all. I've had everyone clear their browser cache and we cleared all the session files from the server to see if this helps.

Has anything changed with the login process? Any ideas on other things I can try?

Thanks.
Posted:  08 Jan 2014 18:12
I've also had a problem where I can't log in with Firefox so I'll log in with Chrome and it will work just fine and then I can log in with Firefox again.
Posted:  09 Jan 2014 00:05
Hi there,

In LuxCal 3.2.0 some changes were made to the PHP session mechanism. It could be that this is causing the problem, in particular with single sign on.
We're working on an update for V3.2.0 and have just finished a major change of the PHP session, SSO and "remember user settings" system. It looks very stable and is working very well.
I could send you this update, but, since it's not a final release, you should be careful and back up your current LuxCal version. There are no changes to the database structure, so it's just a matter of uploading the software.

If you're interested, send me an email via the Contact Us page.

Roel
Posted:  13 Jan 2014 10:34
Hi Roel,
I have been researching this problem and located the line of code in the index.php where the uid suddenly goes missing.
I have worked around this be removing the reference in the line that removes it and it now allows me to use SSO perfectly.
The line causing the problem is after the comment:     //try cookie
I removed: $_SESSION['uid'], from that line and the uid was then kept correctly and my login was passed through okay.
Tony.
Posted:  14 Jan 2014 22:18
Thanks Tony, this will be very helpful to other users.

I'm working on a small update where the full mechanism concerning SSO, login and saving/restoring user settings has been revised and improved.
Soon I will publish this upgrade, which should also solve the problem you described above.
Roel
Posted:  23 Jan 2014 22:15
Hello Roel, I have the same problem, I will write a email.