RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Support / Can I add a hypelink?
Posted:  13 Nov 2013 13:51   Last Edited By: grajay
Is it possible to add a hyperlink to the series of 3 captions that I've added to the header of my sidebar on - http://www.bedstoneandbucknell.org/ please?  I have (like I always do) fiddled around within the code but without any success so far.  In anticipation of success I've already added the instruction to click on the village name ohmy

The scroll down to see the events works perfectly but I thought it would be clever to just use the village name to link straight to the village events calendar as well.

Thanks
Posted:  13 Nov 2013 21:47   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Graham,

I like your anticipation of success! Much better than some people who behave like zombies in this world. We should more often look at the bright side of things smile
And of course we'll make it a success.
A couple of remarks / questions:

remark:
when your parent page of the side bar calendar scrolls down, the hover box with event details of the side bar calendar is misplaced. This is a known problem which I've solved. The new LuxCal version which I want to release before the end of 2013 has a fix for this. You can fix it in the mean time in the bedstoneandbucknell calendar as follows:
In the file common/toolbox.js (in the pop function)  . . .
replace 'clientX' by 'pageX' on lines 211, 215, and 218 (2x)
and . . .
replace 'clientY' by 'pageY' on lines 211, 220, 221 and 223

question:
Do you want to add a hyperlink to the following <div> tags? And if so, what exactly is the problem, can't you just add three <a> tags with a link to the Bedstone, Bucknell and Parish calendars?
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_bedstone'>Bedstone</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_bucknell'>Bucknell</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_parish'>Parish</div>

Roel
Posted:  14 Nov 2013 09:13
Hi Roel

Thanks for the fix smile

Yes, I wanted to add the hyperlink to those 3 <div> tags to the appropriate event page  but I get a syntax error.

My <div>s look slightly different to yours in the lcsbar.php file - have I made a bit of a meal of it perhaps?

<div class='ssb_gen ssb_bedstone'>{$sbBedstone}</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_bucknell'>{$sbBucknell}</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_parish'>{$sbParish}</div>

Thanks again.
Posted:  14 Nov 2013 11:12
Just another question please Roel.  I have my 2 events calendars filtered using:

<iframe src="http://www.bedstoneandbucknell.org/luxcal/?cC[]=1&amp;cP=7&amp;hdr=1" width="650" height="300"></iframe>

and

<iframe src="http://www.bedstoneandbucknell.org/luxcal/?cC[]=2&amp;cP=7&amp;hdr=1" width="650" height="300"></iframe>

Is it at all possible to have 2 categories in the filter please?  I've tried adding another category with a comma and/or a space but to no effect.  I've checked the forum and found a similar question before but I'm unsure if this is indeed now possible or not.

Best wishes
Posted:  14 Nov 2013 11:24   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hi Graham,

Your <div>s look fine, as long as the total text string is placed within double quotes.
Taking your <div>s above, your PHP code could look as follows:

Code:

//define variables with a hyperlink text string per calendar
$sbBedstone = "<a href='link_to_the_bedstone_calendar' target='_blank'>Bedstone</a>";
$sbBucknell = "<a href='link_to_the_bucknell_calendar' target='_blank'>Bucknell</a>";
$sbParish = "<a href='link_to_the_parish_calendar' target='_blank'>Parish</a>";

//send divs with links to the browser
echo "<div class='ssb_gen ssb_bedstone'>{$sbBedstone}</div>";
echo "<div class='ssb_gen ssb_bucknell'>{$sbBucknell}</div>";
echo "<div class='ssb_gen ssb_parish'>{$sbParish}</div>";

Note: Be careful not to mix up single and double quotes.

I didn't have time to test it, but I'm pretty sure it works.

Roel
Posted:  14 Nov 2013 12:41   Last Edited By: grajay
Thanks Roel

Quote:

$sbBedstone = "<a href='link_to_the_bedstone_calendar' target='_blank'>Bedstone</a>";
$sbBucknell = "<a href='link_to_the_bucknell_calendar' target='_blank'>Bucknell</a>";

are new to me so I placed them in the css_sbar.php:

Code:

//SHADOWS & BOX CORNERS (0:no 1:yes)
$boxSw = 1; //box shadow
$boxRd = 1; //box corners rounded

$sbBedstone = "<a href='http://www.bedstoneandbucknell.org/bedstone_events.php' target='_blank'>Bedstone</a>";
$sbBucknell = "<a href='http://www.bedstoneandbucknell.org/bucknell_events.php' target='_blank'>Bucknell</a>";

//=============================================================//

The <div>s with links to the browser are in lcsbar.php:

Code:

//display sidebar
echo "
<div class='ssb_gen {$sbClass}'>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_header'>{$sbHeader}</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_instructions'>{$sbInstructions}</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_bedstone'>{$sbBedstone}</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_bucknell'>{$sbBucknell}</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_parish'>{$sbParish}</div>
<div class='ssb_gen ssb_scrollList'>
";

Sad to say that it did not work (also the hover feature in the scroll area has been broken by this)sad  I also tried the event page location abbreviated to  "<a href='../bucknell_events.php' target='_blank'>Bucknell</a>";
Posted:  14 Nov 2013 16:41   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Hello again Graham,

Your question about event filtering on 2 or more categories:
Yes, this is possible by adding more categorie sequence numbers to the URL as follows:

<iframe src="http://www.bedstoneandbucknell.org/luxcal/?cC[]=2&amp;cC=3&amp;cP=7&amp;hdr=1" width="650" height="300"></iframe>

In other words add as many times &amp;cC[]=# (where # is the sequence number of the category) to the URL as you want. Don't forget the square brackets!

The three links in your sidebar calendar:
Sorry, you can't put these variable definitions in the css_sbar.php file. This file is for the styles only.
Don't worry, I will send you an email with some further details/instructions.

Roel
Posted:  15 Nov 2013 07:26   Last Edited By: Roel B.
Event filtering on 2 or more categories
Thanks again Roel.  I followed your instructions to the letter and included the square brackets. It works fine now.

The three links in the sidebar calendar:
Now work perfectly smile  Thank you SO much.