RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Problem or bug with csv import in 3.1.2.
Posted:  19 Sep 2013 02:43
Hi Roel,

Trying to import 325 records it doesn't give an error and doesn't import. When I reduced the number to 99 then it does import. I then tried to import the next batch and it says 8 were duplicates and dropped but it doesn't say which 8. These are hockey teams so sometimes the same teams will place against each other on different dates.

Does it only look at the title to see if it is a duplicate or does it look at additional details to confirm it is a duplicate?

Thanks
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html
Posted:  19 Sep 2013 10:46
Hi Dan,

Concerning your question:
To determine if an event is a duplicate the calendar compaires: title, start date, end date, start time and end time.

If the number of records you try to import exceeds a certain number, PHP doesn't like it, but doesn't produce an error/warning message. The problem is that the default number of PHP variable that can be open at the same time is 1000 and because the imported events are all listed on the display before importing them, that number of 1000 can be easily reached.
I've tried to solve this, but it ain't easy wink
I should of course make a remark conccerning the max. number of records on the CSV import page and the ICS import page (which has the same problem).
Roel
Posted:  19 Sep 2013 14:39
Hi Roel.

Thank you for the prompt reply. The interesting part about the 8 duplicates which I found out about after was they never got imported because even though I deleted them I did a test import with the first 8 records. I just entered them manually.

Now I know about the limitation I'm just making multiple files with 100 lines and 99 records, the first line / row being the heading's.

If you can't increase the number imported, just a note letting people know of the limitation for importing should do the trick.

Thanks
Dan

Find great LuxCal examples by Schwartz at http://www.calendarforum.dk/index.html