RSS

LuxCal Forum

The place for questions, suggestions and news about the LuxCal Event Calendar

User:   Password:   Remember Me?   
LuxCal Forum / General / Problems / Can't add/modify events in Firefox on WinXP
Posted:  28 Mar 2013 15:18
I cannot add or modify events in Firefox on windows XP.  It works okay in IE, and it also works okay in FF on Windows 7 and FF on Linux.  But in FF on Windows XP, the popup box doesn't pop up.  The problem is happening on several computers.
Posted:  28 Mar 2013 15:46
Normally the behaviour of the calendar should only depend on the browser, and not on the OS.
Does the Event window not even pop up when you press the "Add Event" (+) button in the navigation bar (right upper corner)?
Roel
Posted:  28 Mar 2013 16:04
Well, this is embarrassing.  I just started up one of the computers that had the problem and it now seems to be working okay!

Yesterday, it didn't work and then today a different computer also had the same problem, so I guessed that it might have been a combination of Firefox and WinXP because the problem wasn't happening on other computers running Firefox and different OSs.

Rebooting seems to clear whatever is causing it, but just restarting the browser didn't eliminate the problem when I tried yesterday.

I'ill wait and see if it happens again and I'll try the Add Event button and let you know what happens.
Posted:  29 Mar 2013 10:53
Time solves many problems wink
Posted:  29 Mar 2013 14:13
Just to add to my embarrassment, it seems that I didn't report the problem correctly.  I don't know what's going on with me these days.

The problem isn't that the popup box won't appear.  The problem is that the user cannot change the time and date when adding an event!  When they click the little "Arrow button", there is no popup calendar or time box.

So far, this is happening on two Windows XP computers running Firefox.  I checked whether Java was enabled, and it is.